phone: +48 12 664 5141
- population genetics
- divergence genetics
- conservation genetics
I study species and populations divergence using multiple sequence markers. I want to provide quantitative information about the patterns of historical and contemporary gene flow and intra-specific differentiation between diverging populations or species, particular the Carpathian newt (Lissotriton montandoni) and the smooth newt (Lissotriton vulgaris). Such data is essential for understanding the mechanisms of speciation and maintenance of species identity in the face of hybridization.
- 2015 - 2018 Characterization and comparison of patterns of interspecific gene flow in natural hybrid zones of the Carpathian (Lissotriton montandoni) and smooth (L. vulgaris) newts
- 2011 – 2014 Divergence population genetics of the smooth and Carpathian newts.
- 2015 PhD degree in ecology. PhD thesis „Divergence population genetics of the Carpathian and smooth newts
- 2011 Master's degree in biology, Institute of Environmental Sciences, (Jagiellonian University) – thesis title: Population genetic diversity of the Carpathian newt.
- 2009 Bachelor's degree in geography, Institute of Environmental Sciences, (Jagiellonian University).